Last updated: 12/08/2022
For purposes of this Statement, personal information means data that classifies as personal information, personal data, personally identifiable information, or similar terms under applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. It does not include data excluded or exempted from those laws and regulations, or under laws or regulations that do not apply. Nothing in this Statement will constitute an admission or evidence that any particular data privacy or information security law or regulation applies to Lerner Solutions generally or in any specific context.
You should read this Statement carefully. We recommend printing and retaining a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed with this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use the Site.
This Statement applies regardless of how the Site is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which we make the Site available to you.
We may provide you with additional privacy notices where we believe it is appropriate to do so. It is important that you read this Statement together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Statement supplements these other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us in the methods described below in the “Contact Us” section below.
Information We May Collect. This policy applies to information collected from, or which may be submitted to, the website. At the present time, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about visitors to the publicly available areas of our website.
Submitted Information. We collect the information you voluntarily provide directly to us, such as when you complete a form or submit information to us.
Submitting Information on Our Site. If you request to receive information, participate in a survey, or fill out any forms on our Site, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, and/or mailing address.
Email. If you send us an email, we will collect your email address and any information that you provide in the email.
Social Media. If you interact with our Site by sharing on a social media platform, we may collect information that you post. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
Job Applications. If you apply for a job with or are employed by us, we will collect various pieces of information about you.
Submitted Materials. At times, your or other visitors to our website may choose to email the Company directly or through forms on our website; in such instances, the inquiring party may submit an email address, or other data. Regardless of the collection method, the same privacy protections apply to all personal information.
- Usage Information. We may collect information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information, including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
Cookies. Parts of our website may use "cookies" technology, through which small amounts of data are sent to your computer from our web server and stored on your computer. This data identifies you as a unique user when visiting our website and helps us in the ongoing maintenance of our website.
We may send one or more Cookies to your computer or other device. We also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags, or similar tools when you visit our Site. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our Site. This information allows us to understand how you use the Site.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual needs;
- Contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Advertise new content, events, and services that relate to your interests;
- Provide you with more personalized content that is most relevant to your interest areas; and
- Recognize when you return to our Site.
You can manage your Cookies as described in the “Managing Your Cookies” section below.
Cookies Collected. These are the different types of Cookies that we and our website service providers use on the Site:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of the Site and enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Disabling these Cookies can negatively impact the Site’s performance.
- Analytics, Performance and Research Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on the Site. They can be used to improve the functioning of the Site. For example, these Cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the Site. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the Site’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functional Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences.
- Social Networking Cookies. These Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Site through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
Use and Retention. We may use the personal information provided for the purposes we identify in the privacy notice and in accordance with the consent that the individual provided. We do not retain personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to maintain reasonable business records.
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Site until the end of that particular browsing session. These Cookies, which are called “session cookies,” expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “persistent cookies” and the length of time they will remain on your device will vary from Cookie to Cookie. Persistent Cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for your next visit and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how your use of the Site may change over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Managing Cookies. It may be possible to block Cookies by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site. Find out more by visiting www.AboutCookies.org.
You can understand which third parties have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website or, if you are located in the European Union, at the Your Online Choices website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Usage. We may use personal information collected or that you provide in the following ways:
- To present our Site contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and your device;
- To contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To advertise opportunities, services, or events that we think may be of interest to you;
- To provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage accounts, and respond to requests, questions, or comments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and,
- To notify you about any additions, upgrades, or changes in our services.
Access. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take various administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security, as it does not exist on the Internet or elsewhere. If required by law to do so, we will notify you in the event of a data breach.
The Company does not share any information collected from our website with any parties outside of our company. The Company reserves the right to disclose any information we do collect when required by applicable law or valid legal process. For instance, the Company will consult government-provided lists of known or suspected terrorists for individuals who submit protected information or Materials to the Company.
Disclosure or Onward Transfer. When we disclose personal information to third parties, it is only for purposes that are identified in the privacy notice. We disclose personal information in a secure manner, with assurances of protection by those parties, according to contracts, laws and other agreements, and, where needed, with the consent of the individual.
Children’s Privacy. The Website is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification or parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Choice and Consent. We give individuals choices and get their consent regarding how we collect, use, and disclose personal information about them.
Notice. The Company has no obligation to protect or preserve the information contained within Materials. In the absence of a definitive agreement executed by the Company, no legal obligation of any kind or nature is created by the submission of a business plan or other materials to the Company. Accordingly, please act carefully in deciding to send any sensitive or confidential information to the Company as we will have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the information and will be under no restriction with respect to such information.